Wednesday, August 11

Countdown






Back in January I downloaded one of those countdown calendars to keep on my Dashboard for Graduation....100 + days when it started out. Then graduation came and went and I needed something NEW to countdown to (Does it sound like I'm countdown-ing my life away yet?). I now know that it is exactly 16 days until my birthday (Not that I couldn't do the easy math.... 27-11= 16). 

My birthday wish-list consists of Anthropologie. Yes, the entire store. I realize we live in a less-than-ideal world, so I narrowed my wish-list down to mostly Sale items and select regular line clothes. I check the "Sale" section weekly (ok, more often than that) because I'm really pulling for a couple of my favs to switch over to the Sale. These are a few of my loves:



Adorable! There is a photographer in Dallas a friend of mine introduced me to. Okay, she didn't introduce me to her, she showed me her blog. We know where she edits her pictures (a very hip uptown coffee shop that I went to last week....lots of cuties hanging out....), so our master plan is to hang out at this coffee shop, become besties with the photographer, and get some AWESOME pictures for our weddings (in 15 years) at a fantastic price. Check out Lauren Larsen's photography. If you know her tell her my friends and I admire her work and we'd love to be her friend! :)


A friend also found a videographer we're using for our weddings (NOTE: We're not obsessed with getting married, just with weddings. It has NOTHING to do with wanting to get married...it's all about having an excuse to spend too much on a dress you'll wear once and blow 15 years worth of savings on a really great photographer so you can show the great-great-grandkids how fabulous you used to look!)
Anyway, back to the videographer.... Ironically, my Texas friend found this Birmingham videographer that went to MY tiny college (that means I automatically have an IN, right?!) I know a lot of the people in the videos, or I at least recognize them....Its kinda cool, but I feel funny creeping on their weddings. WARNING: You will spend HOURS on this site. A Bryan Photo is awesome! They shoot with 8mm film and make it look really old timey and then they set it to really fun music. This is my neighbor from Texas, but she went to Samford too. This is my favorite because I love the dress. Ok....last one. I absolutely love this one because I love the Birmingham coffee shop it opens in- Urban Standard. If you're ever in B'ham go to 2nd Avenue North and go visit my friends (who don't really know me, but would probably recognize me) at Urband Standard! You have to eat the Grilled Cheese and have a cupcake! AH....I miss it! I also love the little baseball scene in that video...adorable. And the song. Fantastic.

Ok, I already warned you that you'd spend hours on looking at all those photos and videos!

On a DIFFERENT topic....I have SUCH a hard time NOT falling asleep after work! I have a "Nap" button on my alarm clock, and I can set it for 10, 20, 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes. Yes, it is the PERFECT alarm clock! I set it for an hour today but I ended up sleeping for like an hour and 45 minutes. Whoops. It was just a really long day. But now I won't be able to sleep until 1 and then I'll get 5 hours of sleep and be tired tomorrow after work and its just this never ending cycle. It's awful. I need to break it.

A couple of nights ago I was trying, unsuccessfully, to fall asleep, because, again, I had taken a nap earlier. At about 12:40ish I had started to drift off to sleep but I heard knocking. At my door? I don't know. The knocking became quite a bit louder....near banging. My heart skipped...it was at my door?! I reached for my phone to call....my parents? Who in the world am I supposed to call when some creeper is banging on my door at odd hours of the night?

Sorry to leave you hanging. After the banging, I heard some yelling. Well, I think it was friendly yelling like "Hey man...I'm over here". I'm guessing if they were knocking on my door, whoever they were looking for found them and told them to leave me alone. I'm not 100% sure it was my door. It was too loud to be the person next door. Maybe above or below me? Hm...nope, pretty sure it was my door. If you get a call from me at 2 AM, just coach me through my some form of self defense or call 911.

P.S.- I got a second shot at working the teleprompter today (for the CTO...Chief Technology Officer...yeah, I'm totally name-dropping right now). I didn't screw it up this time! Granted...the script was hardly bigger than the screen, so I didn't really have to to scroll any, but that's besides the point. My teleprompter skills are improving! :)

2 comments:

  1. a) I'm so glad you're embracing anthropologie. I check the sales "weekly" as well. I've also been trying to talk David into loving the Rosette quilt pretty much since we got engaged because I'm obsessed.

    b) You know I'm connected to the A Bryan Photo people, right? Bryan was one of my sis's best friends at Samford. He shot her wedding. His brother was my brother's best man. He shot their wedding. I tried to get my parents to contract him back then knowing that he's WAY out of my budget now. Go ahead and give up that dream RIGHT now.

    c) Also, the video that Caleb shot that starts at Urban Standard... that's my fam! That's Melissa's sister and a boy I grew up with. So you'll see Vale and my family a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B. My mom told me to never give up on my dreams! hahaha. Is one of the A Bryan Photo brothers still single? I'm sure I'd get a great discount if I married into the family!

    C. I love it also because it is of your family! I did see little Vale in it and her curls are to die for! I can't believe she was born when we were in London and now she's SO BIG! Crazy.

    D. (I know you didn't have a D, and I started with B, so this is kind of weird) but I need more of you in my life.

    ReplyDelete