Monday, October 11

Retail Therapy

Man did I need it! HA!

Monday morning: I had 35 unread emails sitting on my phone and 13 calendar notifications. Yeah, I look at emails over the weekend as they come to my phone, but there isn't a lot I can do about them. They can wait until Monday morning.

That is...if your computer works. I got in today and tried logging onto my computer but I got an error that said something like "The security database does not recognize your workstation and can't support the security relationship." What in the world does that even mean!?

I called the help desk- in India. I got someone I could actually understand and they submitted a ticket for me. They said they could call the person on call if it was urget. As politely as I possibly could, I replied, "Well, I'm trying to start my workday and my computer won't turn on. Yes, it would be great if you would page someone for me."

I don't really know what came of that call because I just found our executive IT support guy and had him help me. Two hours after I got to work I was online and ready to go...great start to a Monday.

After work I gave in and took that nap I've been trying to break myself of! At 5 pm, when I left work, I had read all my emails. At 7 pm when I woke up, I had 13 emails. I don't even have a family but I enjoy having my evenings to myself where I don't think about work! I like having an off switch. Maybe that makes me weird or lazy, I don't know.

This is where the retail therapy comes in. My mom texted me this afternoon and told me everything at Gap was 40% off. Eh...ok. I had checked out their stock online and I wasn't ultra-impressed with their line this season, but hey, 40% off...I might find something.

I walked in the store and was completely appalled! I didn't think humans could be ravenous animals, but apparently shopping brings out people's primal instincts. The store was  a wreck! I have seen Gaps during the holiday season, but I had never seen one this bad! I didn't see a single employee anywhere either! I guess they had been trampled or were buried under a pile of jeggings (yes...jean-leggings=jeggings, and NO...they don't work for me).

I don't feel bad about shopping since my mother was the one who told me about the sale. And since my Gap card was "suspended" because I never use it, I reactivated it and ended up saving 55%! WOO HOO! I am thoroughly proud of myself. I was surprised that the store wasn't completely picked-over. They still had a great selection and I found everything I wanted in the size I wanted it in! I'm pretty sure the majority of their inventory was in the dressing rooms instead of on the store floor. I felt so bad for the handful of employees left....they were severely understaffed and I felt like volunteering my evening to help them clean up! They really needed the Red Cross or some kind of disaster relief team to come in! Maybe Gap wouldn't have to have these "surprise" 40% off days if they would just not overprice their clothes in the first place. But that's just a thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment