Saturday, March 5

My Oscar Debut

I know I'm way behind the times, but last night I finally saw The King's Speech. Just to show how out of the loop I am, I was excited to see Colin Firth was in it....didn't even know he was the Oscar-winning star!

I think that is the all time best ever movie....ever.


I love the acting- Colin is unbelievable! I love the filming too. Every shot was deliberate. I love the colors and decor in every scene.

I could never pick a favorite scene, but I do love this one. The character development is great- you see a this hostile relationship between a therapist and royalty turn into a true friendship.

I could own this movie. I don't like owning movies because I don't normally like seeing movies more than once. Most movies that are out there are just mediocre and who wants to see a mediocre movie over and over and over? The King's Speech is actually a movie worth memorizing the lines to.

The real reason I love this movie is because I'm in it. Kind of....



Camera crew for The Kings Speech
In this clip at 1:20 and 2:15 there are clips of people hanging on a gate outside of Buckingham Palace. I was in London last January and one day I took a walk...right past Buckingham Palace and I saw them filming something. I had no idea what it was and I asked someone else watching and they didn't know. The camera crew was set up outside the palace gate filming people right up on the gate and then about 30 yards back there was a group of people sitting up on the statue in front of Buckingham Palace.

They actually let us walk between the people hanging on the gate and the people on the statue because the people on the gate cover all the tourists in the background. I was walking in the middle of that scene while they were filming! I was in a movie that won 3 Oscars!!!
@ 1:20 in the movie trailer, there's a clip of people hanging on a gate- this is the filming of that clip! 

@ 2:15 in the trailer, you see a group of people standing on a statue- I walked right past them while they were filming!
During the movie, I leaned over to my friend and said, "When I was in London I saw them filming a movie that looked like it was set in the 1940s. I wonder if this is it!" Then during the big huge final speech, it showed this scene for 3 seconds and I freaked out and said, "I was there! I was there!!!!" So embarrassing....but I'm so proud of my big Hollywood breakthrough!



No comments:

Post a Comment