Sunday, June 6

Do I have to title every post?

I've found since I started my new blog that I live my day-to-day life thinking in blog mode. I narrate my day in my head as if it was actually interesting enough to write about. Very few of those little blogs stories in my head will ever make it to the blog....that's a good thing. My blog entries probably will follow a stream of consciousness... just a disclaimer.

The other day I was driving on the tollway and saw a girl sitting on a pedestrian overpass. A chain-link fence lined the bridge, so I wasn't worried that she was suicidal, but I did wonder why she was sitting there. But then, as I was stuck in rush hour traffic going 30mph on the Interstate, I was jealous of her being able to just sit there and watch the cars go by. It seemed peaceful.

I was really surprised that Cable/Internet in TX costs twice as much as it did in Alabama. I opted for the "basic cable" just so I could pay the same price I used to (and I was splitting that price with my sister!) Now I get to watch local channels, weather, several Spanish channels, 90s law shows and movies, and KERA (in high-def!). Big Bird has never looked so good. I don't watch much tv anyway, so I don't have to see too many of the ScooterStore or heartburn commercials. All I need is Glee, the Biggest Loser, and MAYBE the Bachelorette, and I think they're covered under basic cable. I am missing out on my Style network, so if I get hired full time I might splurge and get a better cable package.

Stephanie and Scott (sister and brand new brother-in-law) came to TX for the TX reception. We all wore our wedding attire again. We have wedding cake coming out of our ears (well, I should say my parents do because I didn't bring any leftovers back to Plano with me!) Not really sure what they'll do with it, but I'm sure they'd be happy to mail some to you anywhere in the continental US. The flowers at the reception were GORGEOUS! I meant to take a picture of them, but I didn't. The florists put limes, blueberries and raspberries in the bottom of the vase. There were green hydrangeas, pink roses, green prickly things that were sprayed blue, and tall blue flowers (don't know the name). Mom, if you read my blog, take a pic please so I can post them! The wedding bonanza is finally over. Fifteen weeks from engagement to wedding and we actually did it! I don't know why I say "we" because I was just trying to graduate and find a job, so I didn't contribute a lot. Mom and Steph did a great job planning it though.

I survived my first week of work without anyone yelling at me, without crying, and without getting fired. I'm off to a great start. The other Fellows and I decided to have a daily "Epic Fail of the Day."I won the epic fail either Wednesday or Thursday. In the last 30 minutes of our workday I tried to knock out about 30 of these 300 packets we have to bind. I had all the fronts and backs hole punched and I think I even punched all 30 packets (40 pages in a pack), but when I started binding them I realized I hadn't printed them double sided. FAIL. I thew them in the recycling bin and left.
Friday's epic fail went to Will. Will commutes about 45 minutes, and he's always early. When 9:00 rolled around I started wondering where he was. He had pulled up to work at 8:00, but realized he didn't have his laptop, so he went home to get it! I felt so bad he had to add an hour and a half to his commute!
I'll keep you posted on the epic fails of the day. My goal is to keep my personal epic fails to a minimum, but I do enjoy laughing off my mistakes/embarrassing moments.  

I'm still having issues personalizing my blog, so Hannah, we might have to have a skype date for you to teach me how to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're enjoying work so much. I hope you're making friends as well as double-sided copies. Have a fantastic week! (Phil. 2:14-15)
    PS: I'd love to give you a tutorial for sprucing this up.
    loveeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete