Thursday, June 17

Let me check my schedule....

YEP! It's all clear! It is such a weird feeling, but I have NOTHING to do this weekend! The last time I knew this feeling, I was in London (in January) and free to roam around and do whatever I wanted. Wait...no, not even then. I had my independent study looming over my head that I didn't actually finish until maybe 2-3 weeks before graduation!

Between Step Sing (p.s. Indie Ladies still deserve that spot in the top 3....just sayin'), staining my men's white oxford with bar-b-que sauce at work, trying to get homework done so I could graduate, then actually graduating, moving, and getting my sister married off, I haven't really had many free weekends. There was last weekend, but we won't count that one because I didn't think to write this entry last weekend. I'm writing it this weekend.

Now, what do I do?! Lay by the pool! Then, when it gets to hot, lay IN the pool. Then by the pool, then IN the pool. Then, lather on the aloe!

Today at work I was assigned the thrilling task of walking around the campus and taking note of where we could put more of our new ad posters. I walked around trying to look like I knew what I was doing, scribbling notes on my notepad, and trying to be inconspicuous when I took picture of various places on my phone. No one questioned me, so I must've been pretty good at it. Lesson of the day, just act like you know what you're doing.

Ok...story time. The fellows sit around a conference table right under a sweet flatscreen that is usually on CNN, except during the World Cup bonanza when it is on ESPN (of course! What else?!) I don't know if I mentioned this before but I'm THE girl fellow....so I'm in there with guys watching FIFA pretending I know soccer. I mean, I know soccer...its not THAT complicated. I went to an Arsenal game in January, so at least I've been to a professional soccer game.

Anyway, one of the guys suggested we each take a team, and even though we never will, he suggested we each put in like $5 to whoever's team wins. South Africa, Brazil, Argentina and Italy got snatched up fast. I Googled "FIFA 2010 Predictions" and saw that someone somewhere predicted Spain and Argentina coming out on top. I called out Spain, and I think all the guys were first, impressed I'd pick a legit country, and secondly, ashamed they had forgotten Spain. I think I said "Someone should get Germany, they're probably pretty good" but I think they just blew me off...psh...Germany!?

Well...I should've gone with Germany instead of Spain. Guess that money that no one would ever put into the pool will never be mine. Oh well.

Time goes by so much faster when you're out of school. Its insane how fast the past 3 weeks have gone by since I started my job, and nearly 5 weeks ago I graduated!? Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I talked to Carolyn today and she wants a blog too. We're gaining more to our side.

    ReplyDelete