Sunday, June 13

Happy Sunday Friends!

A few of my high school girlfriends and I started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I normally feel like a total freak doing a workout DVD alone in my living room (like my neighbors are going to try to come peep through the peephole to see what the heck I'm doing!) This DVD is AWESOME! I started it 2 or 3 days after a couple of my friends, and I think we got another girl to join b/c we couldn't stop talking about it!

It has 3 levels, and each workout is 20 minutes w/ 6 minutes in 3 circuits. (3 minutes strength, 2 of cardio, and 1 of abs....3 times). I just did my day 4 and this weekend I had SUCH a hard time walking! haha Hopefully I won't get bored with it. I'm going to do Level 1 until next Sunday, then do Level 2 10 days, and Level 3 the last 10 days. I'm going to look just like Jillian! (I wish!)

Today is my first Sunday in Plano (b/c I went home for wedding stuff last week). I'm not going to lie, its really hard visiting churches alone. You'd think that church would be the most inviting place on Earth, but I always find it kind of intimidating. I guess its because I grew up in one church my whole life and I was comfortable hanging out with my friends and not really talking to the new kids. In 10th grade when my family left the church we grew up in, my sister and I had to be the "new girls," which was awkward, but we had each other, and we got to know the other kids when we went on choir tour with them. In college, I had friends and my sister to visit churches with. Now, I'm flying solo.

My home church's former interim pastor, Dr. Sands, is now interim at a church in Dallas (a pretty big, well known church) so I went to visit! I figured it'd be easier to go if I could see a familiar face there, and I knew he'd be there! (The church is exactly 32 stop lights down the street! CRAZY!) I went to the traditional service and sat in the back around the older folks (I guess kids my age don't know just how cool hymns can be!) When Dr. Sands was preaching, I felt like I was back at my church! I went up to talk to him after the service and he was so shocked to see me! I chased his wife and daughter down at the coffee station and they invited me to sit with them next week. I think his daughter and I might build up the courage to go to Sunday School together next week! I didn't really feel like wandering into a Sunday School class alone quite yet.

The apartment pool is right outside my window and I'm trying to decide if I want to venture out and hang out with the old man who is currently doggie paddling across the pool. HA! Surely he won't bother me if I take a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment