Sure, this might be an attempt to appease my readers since I've gotten 2 complaints about my blogging-slackage.
I came home from work today to a lovely bright green newsletter on my door...the first line (in bold) reads, "It has come to our attention that there have been several burglaries in the area. If you notice any suspicious activity in your community please contact police immediately."
Well...that's just peachy, isn't it? It goes on to basically say, "be smart." On the back, they provided security guidelines. Since I have a fair amount of common sense, I already follow most of the guidelines...but there are a few I don't (simply because I think they're a bit too much to ask).
For instance, "If you have occasion to walk outside your apartment at night, walk with at least one other person." Right...and who might that person be? If I'm walking with another person outside at night, it means I'm being abducted and I need help.
Oh...I really like this one: "Know at least two exit routes from your home, if possible." Well, I guess they gave themselves a way out with the "if possible" because my options are limited to the front door, the (2nd floor) balcony, the 2nd floor window, or the chimney.
I like this one too: "When you leave home, make sure someone knows where you're going and when you plan to be back"....."Hey mom...yeah, it's me again. Yes, I know you live an hour away and I'm a big girl, but I'm going to Target again. I'll be back in 20 minutes." Isn't this rule why I live alone in the first place?
I'm really not too worried about it- I try to use common sense in general and lay low- it's best to go unnoticed. But maybe if I don't blog for...eh...a couple weeks, you should send a missing persons report to the police! (But hopefully my dear mother would've gone looking for me by then!)
No comments:
Post a Comment