Saturday, September 4

My New Favorite Blog

I came across this blog in a random Google search. This woman (Virginia) is a former elementary school teacher- now photographer/blogger. She takes a picture of somewhere in Birmingham everyday in blogs about it. Check it out: Birmingham, Alabama Daily Photo

Something about this cooler weather is making me miss Birmingham. It would so great to sit outside Chez Lulu in the English Village and have lunch with my girls, then maybe at night hang out on the patio of Rojo in the Highlands and enjoy some shrimp quesadillas! But maybe another bike ride, picnic, and rock climbing evening would be fun with Hannah and April at Boulder Fields, then we could go hear a friend at open mic night at Urban Standard. Only 61 days until I go back for a visit...but who's counting?

I'm pretty sure the nostalgia-triggered weather is simply because I'm only in Texas when it's burning up or freezing cold. I've missed the changing seasons here for the past 4 years- and I'd rather have memories of Birmingham than early morning marching band practices.

Virginia's Birmingham blog makes me want to "permanently borrow" my dad's old black and white film camera he used back in the 70s. I took a photography class last Fall and learned how to use it (...in my opinion, film is a LOT harder than digital- and it is harder to get a good shot). I really liked developing my own pictures though, and now I don't have a place to do that. I guess I could just get the film shots on a cd and share them with you that way....Could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment