I had my last rowing class tonight! It was awesome! I didn't get tangled up in weeds or rubbish, didn't run into anybody or anything, and I didn't fall in!
The teacher gave me a great tip: Push with the legs instead of pull with the arms. It made me go so much faster and it made the boat a lot more stable. I actually made it around the entire lake twice in an hour and 15 minutes. The past 2 rowing sessions I didn't even make it around the lake once!
My rowing days are not over (I hope!) I'm going to join the Dallas Rowing Club! And the group sends out emails to let everyone know when they plan to go row so we can row together (you can't row alone!)
I did get really bad blisters on the second knuckle of all my fingers though (they won't show up in a picture or I'd show you how much pain I'm in). It hurt to open my car door and grip the steering-wheel, so I drove with my palms!
Once I got the hang of it and started rowing really fast it was a LOT of fun! I highly recommend rowing to everyone! You can row until you're old and wrinkly! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment