I was born a blonde. (And I had blue eyes until I was 3...must be the Swede in me). My hair started turning brown in Kindergarten when my edu-kay-shun began, and upon graduating college (and thus completing this education, I only saw it fitting to dye my hair black...eh, that wasn't the reason, but whatevs). Anyway, my blonde roots started to show last night. (p.s. I'm the adorable blondie on the left side of the pic- and my grandparents still have that soccer ball but it is unrecognizable!)
My friend Liz and I decided to go see Eat Pray Love at the new FW Movie Tavern. Neither of us knew what it was really about but I had picked up was that depressed Julia Roberts took a year of her life to go to Italy (Eat), go to India (Pray), and go to Bali (Love). Okay, so I guess we did know what it was about. We were running a little late (as usual) but it was okay, we had previews to miss! I thought the girl who took our tickets said something about "the last door on your right" but I followed Liz into the first door on our right. (It is all her fault).
The movie had already started, so we found seats towards the front and sat down. The waiter came and asked us if we wanted to order anything- we did. He asked if it was okay if he brought us our bills because he was starting to give everyone's out. Weird, but okay- yeah. I guess those other fatties just ate really fast through the previews.
We weren't in the theatre 10 minutes before I leaned over and said, "Do you have any idea what's going on?" Liz said, "No!" I figured Roberts' character was in India and on her way to Bali...pretty soon she was falling in love and I asked Liz, "Do you think they're telling the story out of order? We're already on the 'love' part!" We were both sufficiently confused at this point.
Liz pulled out her phone and checked the time- It was 10:50 we had only been there for an hour. She pulled up Safari on her phone and checked the movie time- Yep, it started at 9:50. As the music climaxed for the final "OMG I really do love him" moment (sorry...don't even complain that I "ruined" a chick-flick), Liz said, "HAYLEY! The movie we're in started at 8:25! This is the end of it!"
We started laughing so hard we were both crying. We jumped out of the theatre before the credits even started rolling. The entire Movie Tavern staff was standing at the door waiting to clean it up (and I bet they thought I was crying from the 'not-so-sappy' chick-flick). We ran down the hall the the 9:50 show and made our way to the back row laughing the entire way.
This time we made it while Roberts was still in Italy, so we got to see the end of the 'Eat' part. Not even an hour later, when the movie caught up to where we had started in the wrong theatre I said, "okay, let's go. We've seen this." So we left. We decided we'll see the entire movie all the way through when it comes out on DVD.
I bet the entire Movie Tavern staff was laughing at us (or they thought we were loonies who hopped from screen to screen.) I half expected the security guard to come find us, but we had our tickets to the 9:50!
Let's be honest- this black hair isn't fooling anyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment