This is my first ever blogpost from my phone! I can't say it's easy. It's like I'm writing the worlds longest text message and the screen looks just like a typewriter except it catches typos and let's you backspace!
I'm writing from my phone because I'm at dfw airport waiting for my flight to Birmingham that won't even start boarding for another hour!!! I wasn't sure how bad traffic would be during rush hour or how many idiots....oh, I mean "inexperienced travelers" there would be in front of me in the security line.
I'll be the first to admit I have a bit of a complex when it comes to traveling. I was blessed to grow up in a family of travelers and grew up going places. In 2008 I got to see the world (well just highlights of the northern hemisphere really). In January 2008 I took 11 flights and slept in at least 8 different hotels and I LOVED it! I absolutely love airports, I love flying, and I love passport stamps. I even enjoy the stress that comes along with language barriers. Maybe it's just the sense of accomplishment I feel after getting myself out of a pickle like getting lost in Italy and then locked out of our hotel, or missing trains, or dealing with cab drivers who don't speak English. I just love it all. What I DON'T love is people asking stupid questions in security lines like "do I have to take my socks off too?" NO. Gross. Please don't.
I don't know if you saw "up in the air" with George Clooney but he was a master at getting through security. He had it DOWN. That is the kind of traveler I aspire to be. Get in and get out without making the buzzer go off or getting patted down! Some people travel with too much STUFF it just doesn't make sense!
Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I could start a whole new blog on people watching in airports and posts pics of all these interesting folks. My weepies song of the day is "the world spins madly on". Quite appropriate for the airport scene. Sorry I can't embed. I'm running low tech today but here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoI_ZHdRPA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
No comments:
Post a Comment