I know it shouldn't be too much to ask, but these days I think its rare to find a band or singer that sounds as good (or better) live than on a recording. The Weepies sound even better live! I couldn't believe I was finally seeing the faces that the amazing voices belonged to!The Weepies singers are a married couple (Steve and Deb) and they're so in love! They have 2 sons, ages 3 and 7 months (and they're touring as a little family!) I think the picture on the left is when they first met 10 years ago.
I love it when artists tell stories about how and why they wrote their songs! Every time Deb would tell a story, Steve would look at her and smile, and she would do the same thing when he talked...and sometimes they would just tell a story together. She'd start, and he'd say, "Can I set the background?" and she'd say, "of course!" so he' tell half the story and she'd jump back in. Too cute! I'm a huge fan!On a different note...I tried to teach myself how to knit my Freshmen year of college (because EVERY Samford girl knits!) It didn't really work out. But I'm trying again! Right now I'm attempting this hat. Then I'm going to try making a cowl scarf (like the ones Gap has right now). So far I've only messed up a little bit on the hat...but I think I recovered my mistake...maybe? I might just have to butcher this first one and then try it again!



No comments:
Post a Comment