Sunday, November 14

The Grandest Surprise

Remember a few weeks ago when I made a list of things I was looking forward to? In that list I said the week after Birmingham but before the Weepies there was a surprise that I couldn't tell you about.

It happened.

Four of my high school friends and I piled in the car and hit the road at 7:30 AM on Saturday morning to drive to Lubbock where we surprised our dear friend Audrey for her birthday!!! The 5 hour car ride to west Texas (I thought) wasn't that bad. The girls I rode with went to college 1.5-3 hours from home- so a 5 hour ride through the flat cotton fields of west Texas was a little much, but I reminded them that our trip to Lubbock was only half the distance to Samford! Granted, you hit more big cities going to Birmingham...we only got Abilene, Tye, and Post (none of which are considered 'cities' to me).



We surprised Audrey at lunch- she had no idea, which is always my favorite part. I'm a surprise ruiner for myself. I somehow always get suspicious and figure out when I'm going to be surprised, and if I don't figure it out ahead of time I get really upset that everyone knew something I didn't. I'm such a party pooper!

I'm glad we could rescue Audrey from her law school studies for at least a day! It was good to be back with old friends. I had never been to Lubbock or seen Tech, so it was good to see where she has spent the last 4.5 years of her life!

My throat is a little sore from belting out 90's and Disney music on the long ride back to Ft. Worth. I'm glad I have some friends  I can completely embarrass myself in front of and they don't even care because they're just as embarrassing!!

This is our "frat pose"
Happy Birthday weekend Audrey!!!

1 comment: